Polyethylene formed by the polymerization of ethylene, are tough, waxy materials of varying flexibility. For pipe applications, they are generally formulated with only an anti-oxidant and some pigment or other substance designed to screen out ultraviolet radiation in sunlight.
Polyethylene pipe products are protected against deterioration from exposure to ultraviolet light and weathering. Black pipes contains 2 to 3% carbon black to protect them from UV deterioration.
- High corrosion resistance, resulting into a longer life.
- High impact strength.
- Extremely light weight and hence easy to handle.
- High flexibility.
- High abrasion resistance.
- Excellent water hammer characteristic helps, sustaining surges.
- Excellent flow characteristic leading to significant energy savings.
- Shifting soils-no breakage.
- Earthquake resistance.
- No Exfiltaration and infiltration, helps maintain the quality of fluids being conveyed.
- High UV resistance to scaling and biological build up.
- High chemical resistance, absolutely inert to any p-II value.
- Emergency connection possible.
Applications of HDPE PIPES
Water Supply System
- House service connection.
- For Construction water lines, drought relief and flood relief.
- As rising mains and distribution network for filtrations water.
- For Effluents, chemicals and treated/untreated waster disposal.
- As Hydro Transport System for handling and conveyance iron ore slurry, - coal / cement slurry and slurry transportation in mines.
- For conveyance of edible oil, fruit pulps, juices, milks and other food materials.
- As ducts for ventilation and air conditioning.
- Rehabilitation of existing sewer.
- Effluent and waste treatment plant pipes.
- Dust suppression piping systems in cement industry.
- Sand slurry disposal pipes in dredging.
- De-gassing pipes in water effluent marine outfalls.
- Piping for submersible and jet pumps.
- Suction and delivery pipes.
- Sprinkler piping for irrigation.
- Transportation of chemicals, solids, gas and oils.
- Underwater pipelines.
- Bore wall delivery lines.
- Telecommunication cable ducting.
- Size range from 20mm to 315mm OD.
- Pressure class from 2.5 Kg/cm2 to 16 kg/cm2.
- PE Grades PE-63, PE-80, PE-100.
- Confirming to latest international / national standards ISO 9001:2008.
Length and Packaging
Size Range20 mm to 50 mm
63 mm to 75 mm
90 mm to 110 mm
125 mm to 315 mm
Length100m, 200m, 500m, 1000m COIL
100m, 200m, 300m
100m, Straight Length of 6-12 m
In straight Length of 6-12 m
Depth of Bores in Mtrs.Upto 46 Mtrs.
Upto 61 Mtrs.
Upto 92 Mtrs.
Upto 183 Mtrs.
Upto 215 Mtrs.
Pressure Classes4.0 Kg/cm2
Note : Pressure class depends upon depth of Bore.